Product Info - Cod Liver Oil
Cod Liver Oil
SFP's pure cod liver oil is produced from Atlantic cod from the Norwegian arctic and sustainably sourced. It is a wonderful source of two primary O3 fatty acids, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA). It is high in vitamin A, while also being one of the primary sources of vitamin D naturally. Together, these vital nutrients support the health and wellbeing of your pet, which may include immunity, vision, memory as well as against many chronic diseases, such as arthritis, rickets, cardiovascular diseases, etc. With high EPA and DHA contents, it is highly beneficial in promoting lustrous skin and coat, while minimizing the allergic reactions. Non-GMO with no artificial flavors or preservatives.
- Healthy and flavorful oil: SFP's Cod Liver Oil is a healthy, highly flavorful natural supplement to provide all the EPA and DHA fatty acids that the pets need.
- Sustainably sourced: Oil is produced from wild caught Atlantic cod and sustainably sourced from the pristine waters of Norwegian arctic. MSC Certified.
- Highly beneficial against chronic diseases, such as arthritis, rickets, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, metabolic syndrome, obesity, etc.
- Prevents memory loss because of its high EPA and DHA contents
- Supports joints and ligaments - Fights against arthritis. Provides great support to the hips and joints of your furry friend every day for an active and healthy lifestyle. Minimizes inflammation of joints or ligaments.
- Promotes lustrous skin and coat - Can help dry skin, flaking, dull or shedding coat, unnecessary itching or irritation or other skin allergies. Yep, you can hug and cuddle even more.
- Promotes heart health and immune system so your four-legged friend's overall health and wellbeing is improved considerably.
- Easy to deliver: Can be fed with any meal, be it home cooked, kibble, canned, dry, dehydrated or any other type. You can just pour, mix, or whatever. It just imparts that naturally delicious fish flavor to any food you offer to your pet. No need to deal with rather expensive and cumbersome soft gels or even the chews.
- 100% natural, non-China, non-GMO
- Satisfaction guaranteed, 100% risk free.
Size: 16 fl oz.
Guaranteed analysis (~4.5 g or 1 teaspoon)
Crude fat: 99.8%
Moisture: Max 0.2%
Total O3*: 21% (945 mg)
EPA*: 10% (450 mg)
DHA*: 9% (405 mg)
Vitamin A: 500 IU/g
Vitamin D: 50 IU/g
*Not recognized as essential nutrients by AAFCO
Calorie content (calculated): Metabolizable energy 8,800 kcal/kg (40.0 kcal/teaspoon)
Ingredients: Cod Liver oil, natural mixed tocopherols
Feeding guidelines: For feeding dogs and cats only
Up to 15 lbs: 1/2 teaspoon
15-25 lbs: 1 teaspoon
25-50 lbs: 2 teaspoons
50-75 lbs: 3 teaspoons
>75 lbs: 4-5 teaspoons
Yep, its mouthwatering and provides vitamins A and D naturally.
Caution: It’s intended for pets only. Specific feeding experiments regarding the health benefits were not conducted, but based on the existing scientific literature.
Comparison of Omega 3 Oil Supplements for Pets
|Manufacturer||Cost, $*||Amount, fl||Total 03, %||EPA, %||DHA, %||Vit A, IU/ml||Vit D|
|On Target Living||42.00||16.7||22.2||9.5||9.5||540||36|
*Pricing may vary