Product Info - Probiotic Pro
Probiotic Pro w/Digestive Enzymes, Prebiotics and Herbs – Krill Flavor
Real Probiotics, Actual Benefits: Unlike the vast majority of industry using vegetative bacteria of Lactobacillus, Enterococcus, and Bifidobacterium strains that are quite susceptible to heat, cold, stress and other environmental factors including the stomach acidity itself, we use the two most effective spore forming Bacillus strains that are highly resistant to any such conditions while also having immunostimulatory effect which serves to exclude the colonization of the gut by harmful pathogens.
Digestive Enzymes: Several different enzymes to boost the digestion and metabolism of nutrients.
Herbs: A powerful combination of Ayurvedic and other unique herbs to maintain the overall health and vitality of your pet.
Prebiotics: Several different prebiotics to create a highly conducive environment for the probiotics to grow, multiply and thrive well in the digestive system.
Non-China: No ingredients of Chinese origin. No need to fall for Chinese-made dog probiotics or those with sugar, grain, maltodextrins or even "animal digest" as the base.
Non-GMO: No GMO ingredients.
No artificial flavor, color, preservative, or chemicals.
Other relevant info that may need to be included:
Delivery: Easily dispensable powder eliminating choking risk - No need to worry about the pill pockets or forcing huge tablets down the throat of your own family member. Just pour it over the meal and make your pup maintain the health and vigor every day, albeit quietly.
Flavors: Two yummy flavors; one with real krill powder (none of the other probiotics contain it) to provide a huge boost to the antioxidant capacity from astaxanthin content and the other with natural duck.
Small batch production: Manufactured in PA, we always use small batches, so the product remains fresh until it reaches the tummy.
Satisfaction Guarantee: 100%, all the time. No need to even send the unused portion.
Some marketing slogans for the web/label:
Healthy pets, happy family; Vitality and vigor; Faster recovery from antibiotic die-off; Skin and coat health; Antioxidant boost
Ingredients: Brewer’s yeast, dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation product, calcium carbonate, yeast extract, krill powder, dried Jerusalem artichoke, dried whey, banana powder, apple flakes, pumpkin seed kernel powder, sodium bicarbonate, dried Aspergillus oryzae and A. niger fermentation product, yucca, apple cider vinegar, citrus pectin, diatomaceous earth, dried Bacillus coagulans fermentation product, aloe vera leaf powder, licorice root powder, ginger powder, fennel seed powder, slippery elm, bromelain, rosemary extract, mixed tocopherols.
Total probiotics: Contains >2.5 billion cfu/g of the two most effective strains of live (viable) naturally occurring spore forming probiotics.
Bacillus coagulans – 1.5 billion cfu/g
Bacillus subtilis 1.0 billion cfu/g
Alpha-Amylase (Aspergillus oryzae) (min) 843.50 SKB/g1
Protease (Aspergillus oryzae) (min) 112.50 ASPU/g2
Cellulase (Aspergillus niger) (min) 10.10 CU/g3
Lipase (Aspergillus oryzae) (min) 33.70 FIP/g4
Pectinase (Aspergillus niger) (min) 22.50 ENDO-PG/g5
Mannanase (Aspergillus niger) (min) 38.20 HCU/g6
Xylanase (Aspergillus niger) (min) 7.60 XU/g7
Beta-glucanase (Aspergillus niger) (min) 2.80 BGU/g8
Bromelain (Aspergillus niger) (min) 1.35 GDU/g9
- One SKB unit is defined as the amount of enzyme needed to form 10 mg of reducing sugars from 1% soluble starch solution at pH 5.0 and 40 C in 30 minutes.
- One ASPU unit is defined as the amount of enzyme needed to produce 1 mcg of tyrosine per minute from 10g/L casein solution at pH 3.0 and 40 C.
- One CU is defined as the quantity of enzyme which liberates 1 mg of reducing sugar in one hour from sodium carboxymethyl cellulose at pH 4.8 50 C.
- One FIP unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that can liberate 1 micromole fatty acid per minute at pH 9.4 and 36 C effective scope: pH 3.5 and 50 C.
- One Endo-Polygalacturonase unit is defined as the amount of enzyme that produces 50% decrease in viscosity per minute under the conditions of the assay at pH 4.2 and 40 C.
- One hemicellulase unit (HCU) is defined as that activity that will produce a relative fluidity change of 1 over a period of 5 minutes in a locust bean gum substrate under the conditions specified.
- One xylanase unit (XU) is defined as the amount of enzyme which liberates 1μmol of xylose per minute under the conditions of the assay (pH 5.3 and 50°C).
- One β-glucanase unit (BGU) is defined as that quantity of enzyme that will liberate reducing sugar (as glucose equivalence) at a rate of 1 μmol/minute under the conditions of the assay.
- One Gelatin Digestion Unit (GDU) is the amount of enzyme that will liberate 1 mg of amino nitrogen from a standard gelatin solution at pH 4.5-5.5 after 20 minutes digestion at 45˚C.
Astaxanthin: 400 mcg/g. No other probiotics for pets contain astaxanthin.
As a daily digestive health supplement for any dogs or cats. Older ones benefit more. Also, for the pets that have come out of surgery or have other digestive disorders. Mix well with the food, scoop included.
Size: 4 oz (114 g), 114 scoops
Cats and dogs up to 15 lb: 1/2 scoop
15-25 lbs: 1 scoop
25-50 lbs: 2 scoops
50-75 lbs: 2.5 scoops
>75 lbs: 3 scoops
Storage: Store in a cool dry place or refrigerate after opening.
Caution: This is a supplement, not a complete pet food. Safe use in pregnant or breeding animals has not been tested specifically. Keep the package out of the reach of children and animals. In case of accidental overdose, seek medical help immediately.
Comparative Probiotic Supplement Products for Pets
|Manufacturer||Cost, $*||Weight, oz||Probiotics/Type**||Enzymes||Prebiotics||Herbs||Astaxanthin|
|Science4Pets||24.99||4||Two spore forming||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes***|
|Jarros Pet Dophilus||29.49||2.5||Vegetative||No||Yes||No||No|
|Wholistic Pet Organics||25.99||4||Vegetative||Yes||No||No||No|
|Because||22.10||4.4||One spore forming||No||Yes||Minimal||No|
|PetLabCo.com||31.72||6.9||One spore forming||Yes||No||No||No|
*Pricing may vary
**Spore forming species of probiotics are far superior to vegetative species. Learn more about the differences in our blog.
***Only with krill flavor